The mission of the Building Advisory Committee (BAC) for the Webster Groves School District is to monitor facility issues and trends facing the District and provide advice to the district administration and the Board of Education regarding long-range planning of facilities.
Building Advisory Committee Actions (in cooperation with the District staff):
- Tour district facilities annually for assessment of significant maintenance and capital improvement needs and requests;
- Identify capital improvement needs district-wide related to:
- existing demographic data and projections thereof;
- current and future facility needs to meet instruction;
- regulatory changes;
- Review ongoing maintenance work annually;
- Develop, maintain and update a ten year capital improvements plan for each facility within the district;
- Provide facility related updates to the Board of Education and other district groups on an as needed basis;
- Work cooperatively with district and community groups, providing input regarding district facility conditions and needs related to bond issue initiatives or capital fund raising efforts;
Qualifications for the BAC:
- Professional training or proven expertise in facility management or construction field;
- Residence or employment within the Webster Groves School District boundaries;
- Dedication to serving the district and community;
- Willingness to serve as a community liaison;
- Commitment to comply with School Board policies and committee guidelines;
- Ability to attend a majority of the scheduled meetings.
Members shall be appointed to three year terms by the Board of Education.
Current BAC Members:
Allen Todd (Bd Rep)
Mike Hazelton (Admin)
2021-22 Meeting Schedule
September 16, 2021
October 21, 2021
November 18, 2021
December – no meeting
January 20, 2022
February 17, 2022
March – Spring Break
April 21, 2022
May 19, 2022 *meeting rescheduled to May 26, 2022
NOTE/All meetings are held from 5:30-7:00 at the Service Center at 3232 S. Brentwood Blvd.