Class of 2022 Graduation
May 24, 2022
6:30 p.m., Chaifetz Arena
Tickets: There will be no tickets issued for the event. However, each senior is allowed up to eight (8) guests. Please contact email@example.com to accommodate more than 8 guests in your party.
This is our final communication prior to Graduation. Please ask your senior to check their school email account for the same information. Since our last communication dated April 29, we have TWO important updates to share with you:
- Doors Will Be Open at 5:30 p.m. (not 5:00 p.m.) Chaifetz has informed us that doors will open at 5:30 p.m., not 5:00 p.m. as they originally communicated. Guests should not arrive prior to 5:30 p.m.
- Graduates enter Chaifetz through Gate A, not the VIP Entrance, at 4:45 p.m. Due to construction at Chaifetz Arena, graduates will now enter through Gate A. We will have signs along the path from the Compton Garage to assist you. Guests will still use Gates A, B, and C to enter.
Below are some important reminders as we head closer to the big day:
Graduation Live-Stream links to share with your loved ones:
wghs: Our website's main page will feature a link to the live-feed of the ceremony.
terGrovesSchoolsMO/live: The live stream will be featured directly on our Webster Groves Schools YouTube channel. The video will broadcast live just before 6:30 p.m.
A professional photographer will take a picture of each graduate as he/she receives his/her diploma. If you wish, you may purchase these pictures. Since the picture of each graduate is being taken, no one will be allowed in the area where the graduates are seated during the ceremony. We encourage you to take photos before seniors report to practice at 4:45 p.m. See instructions for ordering from Inter-State Studios on the link below (“Full Graduation Information”).
The following is directly from Chaifetz Arena:
Guests of Graduates
- Parking: Will be free of charge in the Olive/ Compton garage, on Compton Ave. Please carpool as much as possible. For Guests needing assistance to the venue, golf cart shuttle services will be running to and from the garage to the venue. Golf cart drop off will be at GATE A. There is also a loading/unloading zone on Compton Ave. if a guest needs to be dropped off.
- Entry: Please enter the venue through GATES A, B, or C. For quicker entry please consider bringing a small bag or NO bag.
- Prohibited items: No outside food or drink, no noise makers (air horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas), no balloons, no confetti or silly string, no wrapped/bagged gifts, no weapons (including mace and pocketknives).
- Seating: All the seating for the event is general admission. The arena has limited ADA seating, and it’s available on a first-come, first-served basis. The arena asks that only guests needing accessible seating and one companion sit in these areas.
- Concessions: There will be a concession stand open on the concourse, by GATE B. The arena is cashless, so please be prepared to pay with a credit or debit card.
- Flowers: Flowers will NOT be available to purchase on-site this year.
- Exit: Graduates will meet all guests OUTSIDE the main gates following the ceremony.
Arena Contact Information
For specific ceremony questions or lost and found inquiries
Main Phone Number: (314) 977-5000
Guest Services: (314) 977-5018
Final Reminders for Our Graduates:
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DECORATE YOUR CAPS.
- Please don’t chew gum once the processional begins.
- Graduates should wear clothing appropriate for this special occasion: collared shirts, slacks, skirts/dresses, and appropriate shoes. Wearing shorts under the gown is not appropriate. No flip flops are allowed.
- All graduates are expected to conduct themselves with dignity in the manner befitting this occasion. Participation in the graduation ceremony is not compulsory. Any graduate who misbehaves, or who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substances, will not be permitted to participate in the commencement exercise. No signs are allowed on your caps and disruptive behavior during the ceremony will result in your immediate removal.
- Please go to the Olive/Compton Garage for parking. ADA Parking is available in the Olive/Compton Garage. Designated drop-off / pick-up area for ADA guests is located on Compton Ave. moving south, which is located on the east side of Chaifetz Arena. This drop off area is located near Gate C.
- The After Graduation Party/lock-in begins at 10:30 pm on 5/24 at WGHS. You should have received information from the Parents’ Club about this event.
Below are links to important communication we’ve shared so far relating to graduation and end-of-year events.
As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 314.963.6400.