Safety & Accessibility
Hoener Associates architectural firm has developed the safety, security and accessibility features at each of our district facilities. Proposition E provides approximately $6 million for the improvements, which will include such measures as:
- At each school, create secure vestibules that will include electronically controlled entry devices, secured service window and video monitoring
- Interior classroom and office doors will receive improved security measures such as glass mitigation and or replacement where necessary, operable door deadbolts and vision shades
- Exterior doors will receive improved security measures which may include glass mitigation and or replacement where necessary, additional door alarm and video monitoring
- Ground level window security will be addressed by the installation of security film, tinting to disrupt direct vision, blinds or other resolution to prevent, deter interior visibility/entry from ground level window openings.
- Avery, Bristol and Edgar Road will receive the installation of an elevator and or chairlifts to improve the accessibility at each building
- Improved building access by installing accessible sidewalks/ ramps along with improved wayfinding/signage
- District wide communication system.
All projects are to be completed by the 2021-2022 school year