Art History - Connect
High Priority Standards
NCCAS Standards 2014 - Artistic Process - Connecting
Anchor Standard: Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external content.
Students will be able to understand the stories of others through their art.
Level 4: Student demonstrates an in-depth inference or advanced application or innovates with the learning goal.
Level 3: Student demonstrates mastery with the learning goal as evidenced by:
- Discovering and describing the relationship between historical and contemporary events and the art that people produce during those times.
Level 2: Student demonstrates he/she is nearing proficiency by:
- Recognizing and recalling specific vocabulary, such as: society, culture, historical, contemporary.
- Performing processes such as:
- Identifying historical artworks.
- Exploring the link between art and ideas, and world events.
Level 1: Student demonstrates a limited understanding or skill with the learning goal.
Students know how to:
- Recognize important artworks throughout history.
- Research to find information on artists and periods of art.
- Match art and ideas of different times with world events.
- Write a research paper on an artist, style or contemporary art event.